Sunday May 27th Thorpe Market Church
“Visit our Churchyard” – Open Day for all the Family
The churchyard is looking beautiful after the dismal weather of recent months. Primroses, Bluebells, Violets of different hues and a sea of Comfrey in the Hazel Grove.
The resident bees are becoming active, the Bug Hotel is open for business and we hope the re-homed hedgehogs are settling in well in the Hazel Grove.
Sunday 27th May will be a day of varied activities for all the family.
The churchyard is renowned in conservation circles for the great diversity of its plant-life.
In February in excess of 1200 people visited the snowdrops and enjoyed cakes and hot drinks.
Now the end of May is the time to see all the other wild flowers looking their best, including several species that are on the endangered list.
The event will run from 11:00 until 4:00 and there will be the usual array of homemade cakes. Entry is of course free.
- Norfolk Wildlife Trust will be on hand with activities for all ages:
- Churchyard Bioblitz – How much can be identified.
- Churchyard Wildlife Quiz Trail – Can it be found.
- Bat making – Definitely NOT the cricketing variety.
- Time to browse the used book selection
- Enjoy some live music on the organ.